Retreat and Meeting Facilitation
Social sector organizations often find that bringing a skilled facilitator in to design and guide them through important meetings, board and staff retreats makes an enormous difference in both outcomes and group process. I am an expert in group development and have facilitated many retreats and meetings, guiding groups to meet their goals, make crucial decisions and form stronger bonds. (Link to client list page)
Common topics include:
- Refocusing on mission and impact
- Values and vision clarification
- Developing high-level strategy
- Board development
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Addressing accountability concerns
Click here to schedule a complimentary phone call about your needs.
Organization Development Consulting
Most problems at work are people problems. And most people problems are solvable. For example, what may seem like an intractable personality problem on the surface is often a lack of clarity around roles and responsibilities. A disjointed uninspired team can readily be inspired and refocused with some attention to purpose and deepening connection on the team.
I help nonprofit organizations address the tough people problems that can get in the way of mission. Whether it’s a conflict between team members, an outdated program structure or the need to grow quickly-but-sustainably, I can help. I’ve worked with over a hundred groups to align their people practices with their values and mission.
Examples of past projects include:
- Reconfiguring a department when it’s long-time director retired and two managers left. With input from staff and consultation with key team-members, the department was able to navigate a time of intense change with minimal service disruption and improved morale.
- Mediating a conflict between a manager and a direct report that was having a persistent negative impact on team morale.
- Strategic planning for a large domestic violence agency in the midst of a major paradigm shift from a shelter-focused model to a service model.
Click here to schedule a complimentary phone call about your challenges and goals and how I can help.